This easy-to-make Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake is sure to be a hit around the coffee table. Dairy free, gluten free, and full of flavor.
You guys, I made a coffee cake! It has been something I have been wanting to do for a while and it was the perfect excuse to bust out my mom’s cake stand. I have been wanting to shoot a recipe with it since I bought it for her years ago and finally got around to making the perfect recipe to shoot it with.
I bought this cake stand for my mom for her birthday a few years ago from The Pioneer Woman’s product line since she loves Ree (let’s be real, who doesn’t love Ree?!). When I saw the color of it (my faaavorite!) I was excited to share it with her. A birthday present for us both to love 😉
Sooo I decided that making a crumb cake was going to happen. I whipped up this cake over winter break and it was the perfect treat to enjoy alongside coffee in the morning or as a afternoon pick-me-up with tea.
P.S. – did anyone else growing up think coffee cake actually had coffee in it? I remember not eating coffee cake when I was younger because I did not like coffee, so I thought I would not like coffee cake.
Not going to lie, when I had this coffee cake baking in the oven I freaked for a moment thinking I forgot to put coffee in it. Please tell me I am not alone in this… or maybe I am…
So, no, this coffee cake has zero coffee in it but it is packed with cinnamon flavor, which has always been a favorite of mine.
This Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake is:
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Ready in an hour or less
- For the coffee cake:
- 5 eggs
- 3½ cup Almond Flour
- ½ cup Honey
- ½ cup Coconut Milk (from can)
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup Dairy Free Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- For the cinnamon crumb topping:
- ¾ cup Walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Dairy Free Butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit and spray a 9" round cake pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Prepare cinnamon crumb topping by combing all ingredients listed under cinnamon crumb topping into a small bowl and whisk together all ingredients until well-blended and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Mix together.
- Add honey, dairy free butter, coconut milk, and vanilla extract, and pulse a few times to mix together, then process together until batter is smooth.
- Add eggs and pulse a few times, then process to blend eggs into mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Spread cinnamon crumb topping on top evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, until edges become lightly golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Let cake cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- If you are not concerned about making this a dairy free cake, feel free to use regular butter
- Do not try swapping in regular flour with this recipe — these flours cannot be swapped with regular flours. Also do not use less eggs, the flour will absorb all the liquid.
- Store cake in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
Pin for later
- Did anyone else grow up thinking coffee cake actually had coffee in it?
- Where do you buy serving plates and dishes from? (Me: HOME GOODS!!)