Make meal prep a breeze with these Easy Roasted Meal Prep Bowls. They are full of flavor and easy to make. Dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
Hiya friends! It is back to work for me today, but after having yesterday off to recover from all the holiday festivities, I am ready for it. I spent the afternoon meal prepping for the rest of the week and it got me prepped and ready to go. I spent part of the evening lesson planning for the week which always takes off a ton of anxiety for me. When I first started student teaching I planned day to day since I did not know how long things would take and such. Now that I am feeling more confident, I can plan out a whole week or even a whole unit which makes me feel so much more ready for each week, rather than rushing around at the end of each day trying to figure out what to teach next.
It feels so good to finally be a planner again. I am HUGE on planning and more specifically, planning in advance so it was killing me that I did not have a whole week planned out on Monday. Now I do and it makes me feel reallll good each day.
I guess that is why I love meal prepping too. I spend a few hours on Sunday afternoon/ evening getting my meals in order for the week and then I am done. Bam.
I could talk for hours about meal prepping because it has helped me a ton to eat healthy throughout the week and not have to spend time every morning trying to pull a meal together before rushing out the door. I know what I am eating every day and it is already done for me.
I know some people complain about meal prepping because they say they will get sick of what they prep or not feel like it at the time when they come to eat it. But for me, I make sure I prep a meal that I get excited for. I prep a lunch I am going to take with me to the school that I am going to look forward to and sit down to eat and enjoy.
So if you are one that has not hopped on the meal prep wagon because you don’t think you’ll want you prep on Sunday by Thursday, try finding a recipe you know you will love and you will look forward to.
For me, these Easy Roasted Meal Prep Bowls are where it is at. Not only do I look forward to sitting down to this bowl and diving into it by lunch time, but it is so easy to prep and actually pretty quick. I’ll admit, some lunches I meal prep take FOREVER to prep (or maybe I am just a slow prepper haha), but this is certainly not one!
Chop the brussels sprouts, chop the potatoes, rinse and drain the chickpeas — throw it all together with EVOO and spices — roast in the oven — ready to go!
These Easy Roasted Meal Prep Bowls are:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Easy to make
- Meal prep friendly (duh ?)
- Packed with protein, greens, and complex carbohydrates
- 2 cans Chickpeas/ Garbanzo Beans
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Basil
- ½ Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Rinse and drain chickpeas and put in a large mixing bowl
- Chop brussels sprouts in half and add to large mixing bowl
- Chop sweet potatoes into similar size half circles and add to large mixing bowl
- Add spices and extra virgin olive oil and mix all together
- Spread evenly onto parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to evenly roast
- I buy and use the bag of brussels sprouts from Trader Joe’s, which is 1 lb
- You can really use any spices you want and omit any I used — it is really up to you! If you want a kick of spice add some roasted red pepper flakes. You really can’t go wrong with adding any of your favorite spices 🙂
Pin for later
- Are you a planner or do you go day-by-day?
- Favorite meal prep recipe? Please share!