Why I am making self-care a priority this year and thirty simple ways to focus on self-care and take care of yourself every day.
We are almost halfway through the first month of the new year. How is it going? Did you set any goals for the new year? Instead of trying to set goals for the whole year, I am setting goals for three months at a time. Sure they are smaller goals, but it helps keep me focused and I can sit down every three months, evaluate where I am at, and set new goals accordingly. I am working hard on my goals for the first three months of 2017 and so far so good.
As I work hard on my goals, especially blogging/ business goals, I can tend to be an overworker. Once I sit down at my desk to work, I can work for hours and get sucked into various projects. While that is great and all for the blog, I tend to overwork myself. Not cool at all.
So this year I am working on focusing on self-care. I want to focus more on my own wellness and taking care of myself everyday. I want to do little things for myself that add up to making me a happier, taken care of person. That way I can take care of others since I have already taken care of myself.
I created this list of 30 (yes THIRTY) ways to make self-care a priority in your life every day. These are all simple ways to give yourself some lovin’ and focus on your own wellness. These are all things I am going to try to incorporate into my everyday routine so I can take care of myself this year.
Simple ways to focus on self-care
- Read a new book: here are some of my favorite books I would recommend >> Sarah’s Key // Year of Yes // The Boston Girl // Yes Please
- Diffuse essential oils: I just recently bought an essential oil diffuser and I absolutely LOVE it. When I am working at my desk at home, I love to have it diffusing peppermint essential oil (especially during the holiday season it was perfect!) or before bed diffusing lavender essential oil. It adds a scent to the air without being too overpowering and I love that it adds some moisture to the air which is much needed this time of the year when I am crazy dry.
- Make a homemade body care item: here are some great DIYs to follow >> DIY All-Natural Skin Exfoliant // Pore Minimizing Face Mask // Green Tea Honey Coconut Face Mask
- Listen to your favorite podcast: here are some of my favorite podcasts >> Blissful Bites // That’s So Maven // Balanced Bites // The Runner’s World Show // PaleOMG Uncensored // I’ll Have Another
- Lay in the sunshine: This is one of the simplest things on the list that you can do for yourself. Find a window in your house that the sun is shining through, lay in front of it for a few minutes and soak in the sunshine.😎
- How do you practice self-care?
- Are you making self-care a priority this year?