These dairy free and gluten free High Protein Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect healthy treat! Made with simple ingredients and ready in 15 minutes.
Today is Valentine’s Day <3 so naturally I am sharing a dessert recipe because Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to indulge in some of my favorite treats. Though, let’s be real here, any day is a good day to indulge in some of my favorite treats. But these High Protein Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies… you should most definitely be making them for Valentine’s Day — married, dating, single, or whatever. You will not be disappointed.
I do not have much going on for Valentine’s Day today, but you can guarantee that I will be enjoying some cookies tonight. My parents have always bought me a few Valentine’s Day treats since I was younger and I love that they still keep that tradition going. Totally hoping it does not stop anytime soon 😉
So tonight I am thinking I am going to enjoy a good family dinner, indulge in some treats, and relax. This week is my first full week teaching after a month of having my Michigan State classes on Fridays. I am always way more exhausted after having my classes at Michigan State, but this being my first full week back at the school in a while is definitely a bit tiring too. I am still waiting for the day that I am not utterly exhausted by the end of the day of teaching, but it is definitely better than it used to be. All a learning experience, right?
Oh and next week I have a long weekend, and although I am going to be busy getting my internship portfolio in order (major project ahead?), I am certainly looking forward to a nice break before a busy two months.
Enough about that though, let’s get back to these cooooookies!! Please tell me you love peanut butter chocolate chip cookies as much as I do! Not to forget to mention that these cookies are packed with protein too. Before putting them in the oven I did not press the dough down all the way, so they are not flat cookies but a little more round shaped. I was not sure how they would turn out like that, but I ended up being a huge fan of it. Not too traditional, not too crazy <— kind of the name of the game around here lately!
These High Protein Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- High in protein
- Easy to make
- Ready in 15 minutes or less!
Enjoy friends! ? And have a happy Valentine’s Day!
- ½ cup Natural Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup Coconut Sugar
- ¼ cup Vanilla Protein Powder (of choice)
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tbsp Dairy Free Chocolate Chips (I used Enjoy Life Foods)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, coconut sugar, sea salt, egg, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Mix in protein powder, coconut flour, and baking soda, and mix until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Use a cookie scoop to drop cookie dough onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are slightly brown
- Allow cookies to cool on a cooling rack
- Make sure to use a gluten free and dairy free protein powder if you are making these free of dairy and gluten. My favorite protein powder: Bob’s Red Mill
Pin for later
- What are your Valentine’s Day plans?
- Favorite type of cookie?