This Root Vegetable Kale Salad is a nutritional powerhouse! It is packed with root vegetables that are filled with nutrients on top of a base of kale to add even more nutrition. Dairy free, gluten free, paleo, and vegan.
Where are my kale peeps at? ?
I sure hope you are raising your hand right now. I have seen talk about kale being on its way out for new “food fads” to make their way in, but I think I am just going to keep eating kale, even if it goes out of style.
Kale is such a nutritional powerhouse (<— exactly why I chose it as the base for this salad!) packed with vitamin A, K, C, calcium, magnesium, just to name a few benefits.
Whenever I am out grocery shopping for the week, I like to pick up a bunch of kale. I usually go for the fresh kale, not the already chopped in the bag, and figure out what I am going to make from there. I love adding it to egg scrambles (scrambled eggs + sweet potato sauteed in coconut oil + kale sauteed in coconut oil = MY FAVORITE EASY MEAL), making it into kale chips, or just using it as the base for a salad.
And then I have not even started to mention the benefits of all the roasted root vegetables in this salad, have I? You probably don’t even want to get me started on those ? So, so, so many.
Seriously, this Root Vegetable Kale Salad is so easy, and if you have some root vegetables on hand already that are not in this recipe, you can certainly use those. You cannot go wrong with this recipe! >> Root vegetables roasted in the oven, massaged kale chopped, and topped with a dressing (my go-to dressings: Tessemae’s – my favorite on this salad is Lemon Garlic).
Alright enough talk, let’s get to roasting and eating!
This Root Vegetable Kale Salad is:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Perfect for meal prepping & grab-and-go meals
- Ready in under an hour
- 6 cups Kale, chopped & massaged with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 4 Beets, diced
- 1 Parsnip, chopped
- 1 Turnip, chopped
- 1 Sweet Potato, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Cumin
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine carrots, beets, parsnips, sweet potato, and extra virgin olive oil. Add cumin and sea salt, and stir together.
- Spread the vegetables on the baking sheet and roast in pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes. Stir every 10-12 minutes.
- Divide chopped and massaged kale into 4 bowls
- Remove vegetables from oven and let cool. Then place on top of divided kale.
- Top with extra virgin olive oil & vinegar, your favorite dressing, or enjoy plain!
Pin for later
More root vegetables:
- How do you enjoy kale?
- Favorite type of salad dressing?