These dairy free Cashew Butter Brownies are soft and chewy brownies filled with chocolate and naturally sweetened with dates!
Yippee! I can finally share these dairy free cashew butter brownies with you!! I made these brownies back in January and have been waiting forever to share them with you. I could have posted them weeks ago, but I wanted to share some more winter recipes before winter comes to an end (if it ever does…) and share a recipe to get you in the St. Patty’s day spirit, so after getting all those recipes out there it is finally time to share these beauties with you.
And my oh my, are these some of my favorite brownies I have made! I love making homemade brownies and trying to change up how they are made (I made these peanut butter brownies last year). Switching it up by using different types of nut butter is kind of the best. I mean, I looooove peanut butter, but lately cashew butter has been stealing my heart. I have been putting cashew butter on everythign lately — in these brownies, on waffles for breakfast, in smoothies. So many different ways to use cashew butter and something about that cashew flavor just gets me.
Who knows, maybe I will go back to being on a peanut butter or an almond butter kick, but for now I am all about the cashew butter life.
SO, I am writing this post out on Sunday night and can we just talk about how it is 8:00pm right now and the sun just went down?! No joke. As much as I complain about daylight savings time when I lose an hour of sleep, I sure love it being light out later.
You know that means spring is on its way, right?
Sorry, I just felt the need to share that with you. I am craving spring weather right now, especially since we got tempted with summer-like weather back in February and now are back in single digit temperatures. No fun. I went out for my long run Saturday morning and the “feels like” temperature was -3 degrees. Yeah, no matter how many layers I wore, I was still freezing and racing up to the hot shower when I got back home.
ANYWAY… these brownies! Like I said, I made these back in January and LOVED them. I shared them with my brother and his girlfriend who both loved them too, so I knew I had to share them with you.
These Dairy Free Cashew Butter Brownies are:
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Sweetened with dates
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- ¾ cup Cashew Butter
- ⅓ cup Cocoa Powder
- ⅓ cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Pitted Dates
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bring water in a small pot to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, places dates in the pot for 1 minute.
- Remove dates immediately and place in food processor along with cashew butter. Process until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine cashew butter/ dates, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- Add cocoa powder, sea salt, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and chocolate chips. Mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into pan, and if desired, add additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes. Let cool before serving.
- I used these dairy free chocolate chips
- Make sure to use drippy cashew butter or warm it up slightly to soften (this will make it easier to process with the dates)
Pin for later
- Are you a fan of Daylight Savings Time?
- Do you like making homemade desserts?