Switch up your meal prep for the week with these Meal Prep Portobello Fajita Bowls! These easy-to-make bowls add a kick of flavor to your daily lunch!
Another meal prep bowl coming at ya!
You all loved the Easy Roasted Meal Prep Bowls I shared on the blog earlier this year so I knew I had to make another one to share. And in total selfishness, I needed to meal prep lunches for the week so I figured, why not share my creation with you here?!
A few weeks ago, I did not meal prep for the week. I almost always meal prep my lunches since I work outside of home and always need to grab my lunches quick in the morning. I can’t remember exactly why I did not get a chance to meal prep, but I just did not.
And let me tell you, I was struggling to come up with lunches all week long. Thank goodness my mentor made me lunch one day! I can get by without actually prepping each lunch if I have all the right groceries but I did not have it all. Whomp, whomp.
So I learned my lesson and made sure to be on top of my meal prep game the next week. And I have been on my meal prep game ever since! Including these Meal Prep Portobello Fajita Bowls.
If you couldn’t tell previously, I love me some Mexican food. I could eat Mexican food every single day and never get sick of it. Whenever I get asked where I want to go out to eat I almost always suggest a Mexican restaurant. I mean, how could I not?! Tortilla chips, guacamole, salsa, tacos… I could go on!!
And now these Meal Prep Portobello Fajita Bowls.
I bought the portobello mushrooms already sliced (hey, they were the same price as the non-sliced!), and after chopping the onion and slicing the bell peppers into strips, it was go-time! And it all came together in just about 15 minutes. Not too shabby for a quick meal prep sesh!
Oh! And these are also perfect to eat for dinner too! My mom already has these on the list of dinners for me to make when I finish my internship. 🙂
Okay, let’s get to the recipe…
These Meal Prep Portobello Fajita Bowls are:
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Ready in 15 minutes or less
- Meal prep friendly
- 4 Large Portobello Mushrooms, sliced int strips
- 2 Bell Peppers, sliced into strips
- 2 cups Instant Brown Rice
- 1 White Onion, chopped
- 1 Avocado
- 2 tbsp Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- Place extra virgin olive oil in a sautee pan and place on medium heat
- Add onion to pan and cook until onion is soft (~5 minutes)
- Next, add bell pepper strips and mushrooms into pan and stir in chili powder, cumin, and sea salt. Cook until mushrooms and bell pepper strips are soft (~5 minutes)
- Cook instant brown rice according to package directions
- Divide mushroom, pepper, onion mixture into 4 bowls, as well as the brown rice
- Top with cilantro and a quarter of an avocado in each bowl
Pin for later
- What are your go-to lunches on the go when you are out of fresh groceries?! What foods do you always have on hand??