These Sweet Potato Sausage Egg Bites are a fun and easy breakfast to make for the whole family! Sweet Potato slices topped with JENNIE-O® All Natural Turkey Sausage, scrambled eggs, and avocado make for a dairy free and gluten free breakfast.
This post is sponsored by Jennie-O. Thank you for supporting that brands that support Lean, Clean, & Brie!
Note to self: don’t wear workout gear when going to watch your brother participate in the CrossFit Open.
Yup that happened ? And everyone thought I was joining in the workout. Yeah, no.
Since I have worked out at the box I was at a couple of times, I have gotten to know a couple of the people so they were trying to get me to join the workout. At first I thought they were joking, but then I realized that I was in activewear that definitely looked like I was ready to join the workout.
Honestly, I was this close to actually doing the workout, since I kept getting asked about it. But then I remembered, it’s been a couple weeks since I last did CrossFit and I had a long run on Saturday. Luckily I took a couple seconds to think it through before joining in… it looked like a tough workout! 55 wallballs?! I wish!
To be completely honest, I went to the CrossFit Open so I could watch my brother and because the whole crew goes out after, and I wanted to join in on the fun. Let’s just say, a soft pretzel and a hard cider happened, and I was 100% happy with it.
So that was Thursday night and the rest of my weekend was spent writing papers for my grad classes and lesson planning. Oh, and testing out some new recipes that will be on the blog soon! I honestly cannot wait to share them with you — both myself and my family have been loving on them the past few days.
BUT FIRST– I have these Sweet Potato Sausage Egg Bites to share with you!
These have quickly become a family favorite and I am excited to make them again for my family. I am thinking these would be so fun on Easter morning!
Here’s what we are working with:
- Sweet Potato
- JENNIE-O® All Natural Turkey Sausage
- Lemon Juice
- Avocado Oil
- Sea Salt
We are using JENNIE-O® All Natural Turkey Sausage for this recipe because it cooks easily, is a lean protein source, and is all natural. I absolutely love this sausage! (and the rest of my family does too!)
Basically, you have to roast the sweet potato slices, cook the sausage, scramble a couple of eggs, then assemble everything together. Sounds complicated, but it is actually pretty simple and easy to throw all together.
And the end result? A savory breakfast bite that you will not be able to get enough of! Or at least that’s what happened in my house.
These Sweet Potato Sausage Egg Bites are:
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Kiddo friendly!
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 lb Jennie-O Sausage
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tbsp Avocado Oil
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- Slice sweet potato into 10 ½ inch round slices (you can use a mandoline for this, but I just used a knife) and place onto baking sheet. Top with avocado oil and sea salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes on the top rack. Then, flip the sweet potatoes over and continue baking for another 5 minutes, or until sweet potato slices are soft.
- Place skillet on stovetop over medium-high heat.
- Slice the Jennie-O sausage into 10 ½ inch round slices and place on skillet and cook for 12-15 minutes, flipping often.
- On another skillet, scramble 1 eggs.
- In a bowl, mash avocado with lemon juice and sea salt and stir together.
- When sweet potatoes are done, take out of oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Top each sweet potato with 1 piece of sausage, ½ tbsp of mashed avocado, and ½ tbsp of scrambled eggs.
- Serve immediately, as the avocado will get brown if they sit out for too long.
Pin for later
- What is your favorite savory breakfast combo?
- Anyone doing the CrossFit Open? How did you feel about 17.4?