These Mini Fruit Pizzas are a gluten free dessert that is completely customizable. You can add whatever toppings you want! And it is easy to make too.
I often get asked how I decide what to make for the blog. I do not have it down to an exact science, but I get inspiration for new recipes in a variety of ways. I have a running list in my head of recipes I want to make, I have a list written down on a piece of paper on my desk, I have notebook of actual recipes to test. It’s not a perfect science, but it works for me. I usually have an idea for a recipe pop up in my head and write it down once I get to my desk at home. Eventually I write down all the ingredients I need on a shopping list and once I get my grocery shopping done for a day of recipe testing, I get to work.
These Mini Fruit Pizzas have been on my running list in my head for YEARS. Honestly, probably since I started this blog I have been wanting to share a recipe for fruit pizza. My mom used to make Pampered Chef’s Dessert Pizza ALL THE TIME in the summer growing up that I always crave it when the summer months come around. I love cutting into the pizza and enjoying the mixture of cookie and fruit together.
I wanted to create my own “dessert pizza” recipe and thought it would be fun to make individual fruit pizzas that can easily be customized. My idea for this recipe is for you to make all the mini pizzas, then put out all the toppings for everyone to pick and choose from. Sound fun, right? I am all in!
I cannot wait to make these more in the summer and bring to gatherings! Plus, these are gluten free and if you use a dairy free yogurt in place of the Greek yogurt, these mini pizzas are dairy free too. Whoop whoop!
Aaaand I am thinking these would be perfect for a 4th of July party! Oh, or a Memorial Day BBQ! Just top with strawberries and blueberries for a patriotic treat. Although, I can never pass up kiwi on fruit pizza, so I would just add that on for kicks and giggles 😉
These Mini Fruit Pizzas are:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free (if you swap out the Greek yogurt for dairy free yogurt!)
- Completely customizable! (bring on the sprinkles!)
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil, softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Large Egg
- 8 oz Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Strawberries, sliced
- Kiwi, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In another bowl, mix together whisk together large egg, vanilla extract, honey, and coconut oil.
- Slowly add dry ingredient bowl into wet ingredient bowl and mix together.
- Knead dough together until it forms into a ball.
- Wrap dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and use a rolling pin to roll out dough -- feel free to use coconut oil if dough is sticking).
- Use a circular cookie cutter to cut out cookies and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until cookies begin to brown.
- Let cool before frosting and topping.
- Spread 1 tbsp Vanilla Greek Yogurt on top of each cookie and top with fruit of choice.
Pin for later: