These Lemon Garlic Chicken Kebabs are made using the freshest ingredients for a flavorful and fresh summer dinner! Easily double the recipe to serve a crowd. Dairy free, gluten free, and paleo friendly.
Hey friends! I know that I do not normally pop in on Mondays with a new recipe, but I am really excited to share this recipe with you and my recent adventure. I figured since summer Mondays are never all that fun, let’s shake things up with a recipe that you can even make for dinner tonight. YAS!
So, last week I was invited to attend the grand opening of the Busch’s Fresh Food Market in Brighton, Michigan. For those of you not familiar, Busch’s Fresh Food Market is a Michigan food market that brings fresh foods from local farms and companies into its store along with your usual grocery store staples. I had been to Busch’s Fresh Food Markets in the past and have always loved the local feel of these stores. So many products are local to Michigan and I have always loved supporting local businesses and farms in Michigan.
I attended the grand opening and loved the new store. I ended up doing a bit more grocery shopping than I expected, but ended up spending less than I would have thought. #winning
You can see everything in my grocery cart in this Instagram post. I bought all the ingredients for this recipe along with some kitchen staples, marathon training necessities, and some food and wine to take along with me to a party I attended this past weekend.
What I loved about the store:
- Everyone was so friendly — the employees stocking the shelves, the cashier, everyone was willing to help out if I needed to find something and always had a smile on their faces
- So much local stuff! I know I already mentioned this, but I guess I never noticed how locally based Busch’s Fresh Food Market was when I went in the past. Everything from local energy bars to local honey to local produce. I love supporting local companies and doing so at Busch’s Fresh Food Market was SO easy.
- Everything I needed was there — there is nothing worse than having to run to three different stores trying to gather all the ingredients for one recipe. I found everything for this recipe at Busch’s Fresh Food Market, so Michiganders, you can do a one stop shop for this recipe at Busch’s Fresh Food Market!
- I saved a ton of money on my purchase by being a MyWay member — before I headed to the store I signed up to be a MyWay member and instantly received a $5 off coupon. I realized that being a MyWay member was going to save me a ton of money (I saved in total almost $20 on my purchase!). Not only does the MyWay program give you savings, but you can also: order groceries online for curbside pickup, create convienent shopping lists online (organized by aisle location!), and recieve emails about special member only promos and coupons. Aaaaannd, the whole process of signing up took me less than a minute. SO easy.
I absolutely loved my experience at the Busch’s Fresh Food Market and will absolutely be back. (You guys have got to see all the local Michigan wines they have! It makes me feel like I am up north in the wineries again!) If you are in the area, go check it out! They even had buy one get one KOMBUCHA. <— such a good deal!
So with that said, I am sharing these Lemon Garlic Chicken Kebabs. Anyone else still loving on fresh summer foods? I just never want summer to end because it brings out all the best foods here in Michigan. Although, the heat and humidity is slowly killing me on my runs! I picked up all the ingredients for these kebabs at Busch’s Fresh Food Market and immediately got to work.
The best way to go about making this recipe —> plan ahead and marinate overnight. I made these for lunch on Saturday, but started marinating my chicken Friday evening. The chicken soaked up all the flavors in the marinate perfectly ?
Once the chicken is marinated, it takes just a couple of minutes to chop up all the vegetables and skewer them up (is that a real term??) and get grilling. So really this recipe does not take much effort and comes together easily. And it is kind of fool proof? Not many ways to go wrong with these Lemon Garlic Chicken Kebabs!
These Lemon Garlic Chicken Kebabs are:
- Dairy Free
- Paleo Friendly
- Gluten Free
- Made with fresh ingredients
- Meal prep friendly
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, cut into ¾ inch squares
- For the marinade:
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves, finely minced
- 4 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- For the skewers:
- 1 Large (or 2 small) Zucchini, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 Large (or 2 small) Yellow Squash, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 Red Onion, cut into wedges
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, cut into ½ inch squares
- Lemon Wedges, to serve with
- In a bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and mix together until combined
- Place chicken breast squares and marinade in a plastic ziploc bag and marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour (overnight is best!)
- When chicken has marinated, remove from bag and discard marinade
- Preheat grill
- Thread the skewers, alternating marinated chicken skewers, orange bell pepper, red onion, zucchini, and yellow squash
- Place skewers on grill for 9-10 minutes, turning halfway through for even cooking. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and cooked to 165 degrees
- Serve kebabs with lemon wedges and squeeze additional lemon on top
Prep time includes time for marinating
Pin for later
- Have you ever been to a Busch’s Fresh Food Market?
- How do you shop local?