Get ready for a fiesta with these Jalapeño Lime Shrimp Tacos! They take under 30 minutes to make and are filled with garlic, lime, and jalapeño flavor for a flavorful bite in each taco.
This post is sponsored by GoAvo® Spread. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Lean, Clean, & Brie!
OMG, let’s talk about how pumped I am for this Taco Tuesday! ???
You would think that with the amount of tacos that I eat on a regular basis that my blog would be full of taco recipes, but for some reason I don’t share many taco recipes ?. Maybe I am too simple of a taco person (although I would beg to differ with this recipe), or maybe I am too busy shoving my mouth full of tacos to get a chance to share a full recipe with you. I don’t know, but what I can say is that these Jalapeño Lime Shrimp Tacos make up for my lack of taco recipe sharing.
If I had to choose a favorite type of taco, it would be shrimp. Hands down.
Whenever I go to a Mexican restaurant and see shrimp as a protein option for tacos, I go all in. I can do without steak, I can do without chicken, but when shrimp is an option I am all over it.
Since we are talking about tacos and all, I have seen two Mexican restaurants within a couple of miles from where I live now. There is one a mile away and it is one of those restaurants that looks a little sketchy, but sometimes those are the best, right? I was on a long run one Saturday morning and passed it and could smell the tortilla chips at 10 in the morning. That is totally a sign of a good Mexican restaurant, right?? Twelve miles into my long run, all I wanted to do was stop and stuff my face with tortilla chips, but I digress.
Regardless, until I actually get the chance to check these new-to-me restaurants out, I have these Jalapeño Lime Shrimp Tacos to keep me happy and satisfied. Plus they take less than a half hour to make, so there really is no excuse not to whip these up even on a week night!
Today I am partnering up with GoAvo® Spread and if you remember from the last recipe I shared with GoAvo® Spread (this Quick & Easy Pasta Salad), I am a huge fan. GoAvo® Spread is an alternative to mayonaise, but I have found so many other uses for it beyond using it to replace mayonnaise. No avocados on hand? GoAvo® Spread for the win!
GoAvo® Spread comes in three flavors — original, basil, and jalapeño. I used the Jalapeño flavor for these to add some spice into these tacos, but if you’d rather do without extra spice, I would go with the original instead!
These Jalapeño Lime Shrimp Tacos are:
- Packed with flavor
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- 1 lb. Raw Shrimp, peeled & deveined, tails removed
- 3 cups Shredded Red Cabbage
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Lime Juiced
- ¼ tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- GoAvo® Spread, to top
- Cilantro, to top
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- In a bowl, combine shrimp, extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, chili powder, and sea salt. Mix together, then set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Toss cabbage with 1 tbsp of lime juice and a pinch of sea salt, then set aside.
- Head a large skilled over medium heat, and once ready, put the shrimp on the skillet. Cook on one side for 2 minutes, then flip and cook the other side for another 1-2 minutes. Cook until shrimp is no longer opaque. Then, remove from heat.
- On another small skillet, heat tortillas over high heat (these will warm fast -- 10 seconds on one side, flip, 10 seconds on other side, remove).
- Assemble tacos by dividing lime slaw among 8 tortillas, along with shrimp. Squeeze remaining lime juice over tacos, then top with GoAvo® Jalapeño Spread and cilantro.
Pin for later
- What is your favorite protein option for tacos??