Wake up and dig into a COOKIE that is healthy enough for breakfast! These Trail Mix Breakfast Cookies are no bake and you can customize them with your favorite trail mix add-ins! Dairy free, gluten free, & vegan.
Life is finally getting back to normal. Whatever “normal” is these days…
After 4 months of training for a marathon, I finally feel like I am able to put my attention towards other things. Like reading, settling into my apartment, and making those appointments I have been putting off since my move… whoops!
It feels good to not spend hours of my weekend running, but at the same time I do miss it. I am taking the full 2 weeks off after the Detroit Free Press Marathon and I know with each day I am itching more and more to get back out on the road.
But until then, I am finding a new routine. Even when I get back into running, I am not going to be training for anything specific right now, so I will not spend nearly the same amount of time running that I have been used to. My weekends are more wide open, I don’t feel as rushed at work to get home in time to get a run in. It’s different. I can’t say whether or not I like it, but it is different.
I do have to admit, having a little more time to spend in the kitchen sure is nice. I still like to have a lot of my meals prepped on Sunday afternoon just because it makes the work week go by a bit smoother, but I finally feel like I have more energy into coming up with recipes. It has been a while since I have been bit by the recipe bug, but I think it is coming back…
so that means it’s COOKIE time!
And more specifically… COOKIES for BREAKFAST! Whoop!
I created these Trail Mix Breakfast Cookies with people with busy schedules in mind. Whether you are training for a race, working long hours, or your social calendar is filling up daily, these are a perfect recipe to have on hand. I keep these cookies in the freezer after I make them so I can just grab one whenever I crave one. Sometimes I eat them with breakfast, but these are also amazing straight from the freezer with a glass of wine in the evening.
These Trail Mix Breakfast Cookies are:
- Dairy free
- Gluten free (make sure to use certified GF oats)
- Customizable (don’t like one of the mix-ins? swap in your favorite instead!)
- Freezer friendly
- Ready in less than 20 minutes!
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Traditional Oats
- ½ cup Almond Butter
- ½ cup Brown Rice Syrup
- ¼ cup Chopped Walnuts
- 3 tbsp Dried Cranberries
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- ½ tbsp Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, and sea salt, and set aside
- On the stove top, melt brown rice syrup, and almond butter together over medium heat
- Pour melted mixture into dry mixture and mix until combined
- Add coconut flakes, dried cranberries, chocolate chips, chia seeds, and chopped walnuts into mixture and mix until everything is combined
- Form mixture into 16 small sized balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Press each ball down into a round cookie shape
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes
- To store, keep in refrigerator or freezer
- Looking for dairy free chocolate chips? Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips are my go-to!
- If you are gluten free, make sure to use certified gluten free oats
- Other mix-ins: pumpkin seeds, chopped almonds, other dried fruit, anything else you love in trail mix!
Pin for later
- What are your favorite trail mix mix-ins?