Making your own gluten free crackers is so easy and they taste delicious! All you need is five ingredients for these Sea Salt and Black Pepper Almond Flour Crackers, which you probably already have in your kitchen!
Question for you: Have you ever made your own crackers? Prior to making these almond flour crackers I never had and if I am keeping things honest around here — I didn’t think it was possible.
But when I had some extra time to spend in the kitchen this past summer, I decided to give it a whirl. I got hooked on Simple Mills crackers, but wanted to see if I could pull off making almond flour crackers on my own.
And I did it! Whoop!
I absolutely love how easy it was to make my own crackers and they taste delicious. You can’t go wrong with sea salt and black pepper crackers, right?
What I love about these crackers: it only takes 5 ingredients (and one of those ingredients is water…) and the crackers are WAY easier to make than you probably think. I figured making my own crackers would be some hard, long, difficult process, but it was actually pretty easy. Just a bit of mixing, rolling, and cutting and you are good to go!
These almond flour crackers are great out of the oven (after you let them cool for a bit) and even hold up well in an airtight container for a couple of days. They make for a great snack on the go and with a clean ingredient list you can feel great about fueling your body with these crackers!
These Sea Salt and Black Pepper Almond Flour Crackers are:
- Grain Free
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 4 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, water, ground flaxseed, sea salt, and black pepper. Stir together until the mixture turns into a dough.
- Place the dough on a large piece of parchment paper and place another piece of parchment paper on top.
- Roll out dough to 1/16 inch thick with a rolling pin, then remove top piece of parchment paper.
- Place rolled out dough on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Use a pizza wheel or knife to cut the dough into 1-inch small squares. Sprinkle with more sea salt on top if desired!
- Bake crackers for 20-25 minutes, or until the crackers turn golden brown and crispy.
- Let crackers cool after removing from oven. Store crackers in an airtight bag.
Pin for later
- What foods do you love to make at home instead of buying?
I also love making my own nut butter, but don’t make it as often as I should!