This Turkey, Cranberry, & Kale Salad is perfect for a fall dinner or as a side to any dinner. Made with Jennie-O OVEN READY™ Boneless Turkey Breast, this salad is easy to make and packs in a great amount of flavor!Pumpkin season, apple season, chai season. Been there done that.
But what about TURKEY SEASON?! I mean Thanksgiving is in just a couple of weeks so naturally turkey is on a lot of people’s minds right now. Even for this girl who does not have the pressure of cooking the Thanksgiving dinner turkey (major props to all of you who do!), I can’t help but crave a roasted turkey this time of year, a little more than usual at least.
Now, I am not one to go out to the store and buy a whole turkey to try to make. When I want turkey, I want to keep it simple. From freezer to oven to my dinner plate? That is where it is at.
When Jennie-O sent me their OVEN READY™ Boneless Turkey Breast I was pumped to get creative with it. It is fool-proof for any cook (or non-cook) and has an amazing flavor. All the hard work of cooking a turkey is done for you. All you have to do with this OVEN READY™ Boneless Turkey Breast is place the bag directly in the oven and let it cook for ~1 hour and 45 minutes. Heat up the gravy and BAM you have a turkey breast ready for you.
It could not be any easier than that.
I decided to bring together a couple more of my favorite flavors and foods into a recipe with this turkey to share with you. How about a salad? With all the holidays treats coming very soon, my body always wants some extra greens to balance it all out during the holiday season. This Turkey, Cranberry, & Kale salad is the perfect way to enjoy the flavors of turkey season 😉 all while getting in the benefits of some extra greens.
Also, while I had this cooking in the oven, it started to smell like Thanksgiving in my apartment and now I am moving out of the Halloween mode and into Thanksgiving mode. Bring on the turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie!
This Turkey, Cranberry, & Kale Salad is:
- Gluten free
- Easy to make
- 1 Bunch Kale, chopped
- 1 Jennie-O OVEN READY™ Boneless Turkey Breast
- 1 Bosc Pear, sliced
- ¼ cup Walnuts, chopped in half
- ¼ cup Dried Cranberries, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salad Dressing of Choice (see notes below)
- Preheat oven to 375° farenheit and cook Jennie-O OVEN READY™ Boneless Turkey Breast according to package directions. Turkey is ready when it has reached an internal temperature of 165° farenheit. (There is a slow cooker option as well)
- Trim kale and chop into pieces. Place in a bowl and drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Massage kale with EVOO.
- Slice Jennie-O OVEN READY™ Boneless Turkey Breast into slices to add to salad.
- Divide kale, turkey breast, bosc pear, walnuts, dried cranberries, and crumbled goat cheese among salads.
- The salad dressing is up to you! If you decide to add the gravy to your turkey, you can add a little more to your salad and use that as dressing or add your own dressing. I used a poppyseed dressing and that paired really well with the flavors of the salad.
- Not a kale fan? Try arugula or romaine lettuce. Or a blend of different greens!
- If you do not like one of the salad toppings, feel free to swap out and swap in whatever you choose!
Pin for later:
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?
Mashed potatoes allllll the way for me!