The perfect game day appetizer is here! These Game Day Sweet Potato Nachos are an easy to make appetizer perfect to enjoy while watching the big game or anytime! Made with wholesome ingredients for a healthier alternative to regular nachos.
Superbowl LII is almost here! And you know what that means…
Bring out all the game day appetizers!
I am not very much into football, but I never turn down a Superbowl party because I love watching the commercials and eating all the appetizers. Anyone else? You would think after going to a Big 10 university, I would be all about football and understand everything that is going on during a football game, but I do not… at all. Whenever something happens I look around me to see how I am supposed to react! 🙈
Although, I do know a touchdown when I see one! At least I have that going for me 🙂
But anyway, I am super excited to be sharing these Game Day Sweet Potato Nachos with you today just in time for the big game this weekend!
I love sweet potatoes and you can bet they make their way into my shopping cart every weekend so when I was thinking about a game day ready recipe to share, I knew sweet potatoes would have to make a presence in the recipe. And when I think football game day appetizers I always think nachos. So why not add a healthier twist to a crowd favorite of nachos with SWEET POTATOES! It only seemed like the natural way to go.
The fun part about these Game Day Sweet Potato Nachos is that I give you a base recipe (the sweet potato part) and you can really top it off however you want! I am not much a spicy person when it comes to nachos, so these don’t have a big kick of spice, so if spicy is more your thing, go ahead and add some jalapenos on top! I definitely think the sweet potato, black beans, and corn are a must though, but go ahead and switch up the toppings if you so desire!
Oh, and if you make these for the big game this weekend, be sure to snap a picture and tag me on it on Instagram (@leancleanbrie) so I can see your creations! Trust me, these nachos are guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser!!
- 1 large Sweet Potato
- 1 ½ tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup canned Black Beans, rinsed
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Avocado
- ¼ cup Cilantro
- ½ cup Corn
- ½ cup Salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Slice sweet potato into ¼ inch rounds and place in a large bowl. Add avocado oil, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, and sea salt. Mix together until evenly coated.
- Spread out evenly on a baking sheet pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Flip sweet potatoes over halfway through cooking.
- Take sweet potatoes out of oven and top with black beans, corn, and cheese. Then place back in oven for 2-3 minutes. Check throughout the few minutes to see when cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and top with avocado, cilantro, salsa, and plain Greek yogurt, and any additional toppings!
Pin for later
- What are your favorite game day appetizers?!