Skip the takeout lunches and prep ahead of time with these EASY Meal Prep Turkey Burrito Bowls! Simple to make and full of flavor to keep you looking forward to your lunch all week long.
I have to share my latest obsession with you… GLASS MEAL PREP CONTAINERS (affiliate link). I know some of you reading this are rolling your eyes at me thinking, how is this girl obsessed with meal prep containers? Think what you want, but these are a game changer for me with meal prep.
I was ordering a couple of pantry organizational containers and added these in my cart on a whim since I have seen them used for a lot of meal prep recipes on other blogs. Once I started using them, I became obsessed. I love that they are glass (I am slowly working my way to having all glass food storage containers versus plastic), they fit perfect in my lunch box, and they fit my whole meal. I have not had a problem fitting in whatever I prepping for the week with these containers. And, no, this post is not sponsored by these meal prep containers, I am just genuinely a really happy customer after using these for the past month.
I am actually considering ordering another pack of these and using one pack for the vegetables I pack for a snack every day and the other pack for lunches. Didn’t I tell you I was obsessed?!
Anyway, these meal prep containers are a big game changer for me and make my whole lunch prep for the week a heck of a lot more organized, which I am all about right now.
One of the first uses of these containers was making these Meal Prep Turkey Burrito Bowls. I love making burrito bowls for the week since they are easy & quick to prep and taste delicious all week long. The base of these is prepped ahead of time and there are just a few toppings to add on day of, just for freshness reasons. Trust me on this one — don’t chop up all of your avocado for the week on Sunday and expect that by Wednesday you’ll still have green avocado chunks in your burrito bowls!
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 cups Instant Brown Rice
- 1 Packet Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Corn
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- Plain Greek Yogurt, to top
- Shredded Cheese, to top
- 2 Avocados
- Place a large pan on the stove and eat to medium-high heat
- Add ground turkey and cook until brown
- Add taco seasoning and water (check packet for amount of water to add, all vary) and cook until turkey is evenly coated in seasoning
- Cook instant brown rice according to package directions (I prefer stove top over microwave)
- Place ¼ ground turkey in each container along with ½ cup brown rice, ¼ can black beans, ¼ can corn, ¼ can dice tomatoes. Store in airtight containers in the fridge for the week.
- When ready to eat, add shredded cheese and microwave until warm, then top with desired amounts of plain Greek yogurt, ½ sliced avocado, and any additional toppings.
Pin for later